[NTG-context] framed texts for boxing stuff

Bob Kerstetter bkerstetter at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 21:07:57 CET 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 5:01 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> hm, i prefer to start from user demands and personal needs; we used
> latex for a very short time and i don't remember mini pages -)

a minipage is a box, but i think it's in paragraph mode.

  \begin{minipage}[position]{width}
   text
  \end{minipage}

Put two together

  \begin{minipage}[t]{.30\linewidth}
   text and images
  \end{minipage}\hfill
%
  \begin{minipage}[t]{.60\linewidth}
   text and images
  \end{minipage}

and you get two boxes horizontally across the page with the hfill
space between them

Put three together:

  \begin{minipage}[t]{.30\linewidth}
   text and images
  \end{minipage}\hfill
%
  \begin{minipage}[t]{.30\linewidth}
   text and images
  \end{minipage}\hfill
%
  \begin{minipage}[t]{.30\linewidth}
   text and images
  \end{minipage}

and you get three boxes horizontally across the page with the hfill
space between them

Their vertical dimensions depend on the amount of content. They don't
cross page breaks.