[NTG-context] framed texts for boxing stuff

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 10 23:53:55 CET 2006

Maurice Diamantini (dom) wrote:

> Although I guess what it mean, I didn't found the \offset command
> doc neither. I suppose it has numerous
> interesting options (on http://texshow.contextgarden.net/)?

that;s a new one indeed (that is, old but not yet documented which makes
it new -)

> It could just be a way to specify arbitrary position between
> left (0.0) and right (1.0) or between bottom (0.0) ant top (1.0)
> But the more important whould be a (uptodate) reference documentation
> about
> the already existing commands.

hm, such things are always 'relative' because optimal heights and depth
of lines are involved:

i will think about it

> These are just (v?)boxes which can contain several paragraphs
> and theyre own footnotes. Some options can be use to position
> theyre internal (top or bottom) line relatively to the external
> base line.

ok, so inmost cases framed with frame=off will do; local footnotes can
be provides with the appropriate commands

> I'm waiting for the future ConTeXt book ;-)

press Steve and Adam and hope for many cold and dark nights