[NTG-context] Context 2006.01.09 released

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jan 9 23:52:13 CET 2006

VnPenguin wrote:

>On 1/9/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> wrote:
>

>>Hello all,
>>
>>I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
>>can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
>>mirrors.
>>
>>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>>   http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>>   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>>
>>The current release has version 2006.01.09.
>>

>Just update to this release, and ... ConTeXt stops work with my files :(

ah ... sorry ... i hate this font name mess

in type-akb.tex search for:

\starttypescript [adobekb,berry] [t5]

and comment this typescript (see attached file)

if that works ok, i'll make a new zip

Now this is a persistent problem

- some distributions only ship with the u* font files
- others with the p* font files
- it even changes now and then
- and it was suggested that nowadays p* would work everywhere
- which it doesn't
- because vietnamese does not have p* files
- so we need to use u* ones
- till someone tells me to use p* ones
- which, of course, then will not be available everywhere
- and so on

so, now it looks like we end up with a mixture of p* for non vietnamese
and u* for vietnamese

(an option is to use the cont-fnt zip file and forget about
adobekb/berry naming but i didn't test it with vietnamese [yet])