[NTG-context] expert font access

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Wed Dec 28 10:49:20 CET 2005

Ahoi!

One decorative font that I use contains some additional (swashed
etc.) characters.
At the moment I access them like this:

\def\DelitschC#1{\getglyph{\defaultencoding-raw-delitschantiqua}
{\char#1}}
\definetextmodediscretionary A {\DelitschC{197}}

So I get the alternative A as |A|, and that's enough for me.
But in this way |A| always takes this character from the same font.

How could I solve this more generally, two cases:
1. if several fonts use the same "expert" encoding
2. if I change the font, I'd like to get a simple A instead of |A|

At the moment I need (2.), because I'd like to use something like
\chapter{|A|nfang};
that's ok with my definition of chapter style=\hw (Delitsch font
being defined as handwriting), but not in the ToC (rm font).

Further (don't know how different), how could I define "take this
special character always at the end/beginning of a word" or the like,
e.g. how could I enable the different 's' of gothic fonts?

Another one: How can I define additional ligatures, e.g. if my font
provides a "Qu" or some other unusual ligature?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net