[NTG-context] MikTeX and font problems (again)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Dec 23 15:02:50 CET 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>

>>>I did that, but it didn't help. The problem was solved when I copied
>>>two files (sy-anttr.tfm and mi-anttr.tfm from your context distr. into
>>>MikTeX). Is this a matter of different naming conventions between
>>>LaTeX and ConTeXt or anything else? I thought that something could be
>>>wrong in MikTeX, but the original package with Antykwa doesn't include
>>>the two tfm files either.
>>>

>>no, the authors changed the names just before tex live was frozen and
>>therefore it shows up in all related distributions
>>

>If I understand correctly: in type-enc.tex there should be "mi-anttri"
>and "sy-anttrz" instead of "mi-anttr" and "sy-anttr", but it cannot be
>changed for some time since it would fix the behaviour in other
>distributions, but would break the behaviour in TeXLive?

broken anyway so don't worry too much  about that

>If this is so, it's OK.

this is what i have now; is this ok with regards to the latest antykwa?

\starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska] [default]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-Regular]       [rm-anttr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-RegularItalic] [mi-anttr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Symbols-Regular]       [sy-anttr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Extension-Regular]     [ex-anttr]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska-light] [default]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-Light]        [rm-anttl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-LightItalic]  [mi-anttl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Symbols-Light]        [sy-anttl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Extension-Light]
[ex-anttr] % [ex-anttl]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska-cond] [default]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-CondRegular]
[rm-anttcr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-CondRegularItalic]
[mi-anttcr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Symbols-CondRegular]
[sy-anttcr]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Extension-CondRegular]
[ex-anttr]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [antykwa-torunska-lightcond] [default]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-CondLight]
[rm-anttcl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Letters-CondLightItalic]
[mi-anttcl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Symbols-CondLight]
[sy-anttcl]
  \definefontsynonym [AntykwaTorunska-Math-Extension-CondLight]
[ex-anttr] % [ex-anttl]
\stoptypescript

>No, just silently hoping that if they have made such a magnificent
>work with Antykwa Toru�ska, they may be planning to do the same with
>Antykwa P�tawskiego. But yes, thanks for suggestion - I asked.

as far as i know, Janusz will also update the P�tawskiego

>It's a pitty that (Con)TeX(t) cannot read and interpret the [messy]
>.enc files, at least to be aware of some missing glyphs. :(

in due time this will happen when we go open type