[NTG-context] Re: URw metric files

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Dec 22 23:12:29 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> So, the original urw files (u*) are no longer shipped? Great, that
>> was the only font area left that could break ... so it means that
>> (apart from the minimals on the tex collection, context does not work
>> in the regular tex live 2005 distribution). Time to move everything
>> that is subjected to changes in the base zip -)
>

> The URW metrics are in texlive2005 (in fonts-recommended), but not
> in teTeX 3 (most likely they are available in gwtex as well).
>
> But they are nowhere distributed in 8y encoding. And we have
> cont-fnt.zip now anyway, so this was a good moment to clean up
> type-dis.
>
>> Should i replace the current type-dis by this one?
>

> My last one, yes. The one that only has lm->cm synonyms, nothing else.

how about vietnamese ... we need to move the berry names to akb then:

\starttypescript [berry] [t5]

should then become

\starttypescript [adobekb] [t5]

or better

\starttypescript [berry,adobekb] [t5]

and:

\starttypescript [berry,adobekb] [texnansi]
\starttypescript [berry,adobekb] [ec]

does this makes sense?

(The u* and p* files do differ, don't they? If so, what are the
compatibility issues involved? I remember some differences in spacing.)