[NTG-context] followup metapost textext?

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Thu Dec 22 18:11:21 CET 2005

I am surprised, but somehow the problem seems to be gone.

In my cont-sys.tex I had
\runMPgraphicstrue
%\runMPTEXgraphicstrue

Trying everything seemingly connected to metapost I tried diverse
combinations with these macros either commented-out or not-commented-
out.
At one moment texexec started functioning.
I was thinking both these macros were for efficiency only, or is that
a wrong thought? Because the comment in cont-sys.tex after these
lines says "% This saves some runtime,...".
But the \runMPTEXgraphicstrue seems crucial.

Would you please answer the next questions too:

(1) Although my outer font is Lucida, these are used in textext
(normal) but not used in textext($math$) where lm- en cm-math fonts
are used; these mixed fonts make the pictures ugly.

(2) I would like to have standalone pictures, as produced by "texexec
--mptex" but then I do not know how to set the fonts. Is there a
simple way to export the pictures from a ConTeXt run with embedded MP-
graphics? Or keep intermediate pdf's?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer