[NTG-context] How to setup this type of header?

David Arnold dwarnold45 at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 20:44:10 CET 2005

Taco, Gerben, et al,

 From Taco's note: "Uncomment the next if you have not installed cont-
fnt.zip, but instead have a working LaTeX installation.
\usetypescript[adobekb][ec]," I would think the following would work
for me after updating to the latest Context on Gerben's site using
the Context updater.

% output=pdf

%
\setuppagenumbering
    [location=, % .. of the automatically placed page number
     alternative=doublesided] % so left and right are different

% pair 1 = left side  of odd pages
% pair 2 = right side of odd pages (empty)
% pair 3 = left side  of even pages
% pair 4 = right side of even pages (empty)
\setupheadertexts
   [\rlap{\the\pageno}\centerline{Put your title here}]
   []
   [\centerline{\getmarking[chapter]}\llap{\the\pageno}]
   []

% no headers above chapter titles:
\setuphead[chapter][header=empty]

% load psnfss definitions
% Uncomment the next if you have not installed cont-fnt.zip,
% but instead have a working LaTeX installation.
%\usetypescript[adobekb][ec]

% register the times typescript
\usetypescript[times][ec]

% and start using it
\setupbodyfont[times]

\starttext
\chapter{One}

\dorecurse{10}{\input tufte\par}

\stoptext

But I got:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex))
kpathsea: Running mktextfm utmr8t
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
nonstopmode; input utmr8t
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.5)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf utmr8t
! I can't find file `utmr8t'.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input utmr8t

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input utmr8t

Gerben, have we not installed the cont-fnt.zip Taco describes?