[NTG-context] metapost textext?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Dec 21 18:24:20 CET 2005

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>Hans van der Meer wrote:
>>

>>>Panic using metapost in context.
>>>This used to work. I did a file that previously (\thisisutilityversion
>>>{1998.12.20}) had good output but now has "unknown" everywhere for
>>>textext calls!
>>>
>>>\starttext
>>>\startuseMPgraphic{one}
>>>    draw (0,0)--(100,0)--(100,50)--(50,50)--(50,100)--(0,100)--(0,0);
>>>    label (textext("label"), (10,25));
>>>\stopuseMPgraphic
>>>\useMPgraphic{one}
>>>\stoptext
>>>
>>>But now I see "unknown" as the text typeset instead of "label"!
>>>What happened. This is disastrous.
>>
>>this normally points to an error in mp processing (unknown is the fall
>>back text), not so much to something wrong with context (i hope)
>>
>>it runs ok here; how does it runs at other machines?
>>

> no problem here (using latest version)

Runs without problems here as well. The most likely cause of problems
in this subsystem nowadays is a
   "format was written by (pdf)(e)tex"
error message from a (pdf)(e)tex executable. Unfortunately, I also
find it hard to trace this stuff. It may help to run the example
in an isolated directory and zip&mail everything in the directory
afterwards. I can at least have a look, but cannot give guarantees.

Taco