[NTG-context] CSRoman again

Michal Kvasnička quasar at econ.muni.cz
Wed Dec 21 13:30:39 CET 2005

Good afternoon.

Many thanks for your answer.
Hans Hagen wrote:

>> 2) Some accents do no work, for instance \"o (at least this doesn't
>> work:
>>    \loadmapfile[psclean.map]
>
> don't use that one, context will load map files for you (like il2-.....)

Hm. It doesn't. I have to play a little with the distribution. teTeX 3.0
is much different from the old one, so it's possible I do some stupid
things.

> - at the last bachotek there was a talk about czech type design and
> one of the remarks was that fo rmany fonts this whole accent business
> was more a matter of taste than of quality (i will not quote the
> speaker on czech typesetting tradition here-)

Yes, it's about tastes. But I strongly do not like Latin Modern,
especially iacute in sans bold. :-) Simply, I'm used to CS fonts. :-)
And perhaps Latin Modern will be improved in the nearest future. I'll
try to get used to it.

> - just curious: do you always use cm fonts? there are other fonts with
> math nowadays

Well, I teach four different courses and I try to typeset documents for
each course with a different font: Microeconomics with Computer Modern
(CS fonts in Type1), Neoclassical Macro with Palatino (URW Palatino +
math glyphs from pxfonts), Monetary Economics with Concrete (CM Super in
Type 1 + math glyps in Metafont), and New Institutional Economics with
Times (URW Times + math glyphs from txfonts). Are there more free fonts
with math support? Other documents (with no math) I typeset with more fonts.

Many thanks once more. I wish you and the rest of the folk at this
mailing list Merry Christmass and Happy New Year Eve.
Michal Kvasnicka