[NTG-context] Chinese in current ConTeXt

Tobias Burnus burnus at net-b.de
Tue Dec 20 22:18:36 CET 2005

Hello,

Hans Hagen wrote:
>> b) How to change the numberformat used?
> eh ... wang lei should know ... i have to look into it (chinese
> supports multiple number formats)
I think I found it (it is a bit burried in font-chi.tex):
\startitemize[c] (or cn) gives the normal Chinese number, cc the
capitalized, ec the normal Chinese number with one-character
alternatives for 20 and 30 and ac the Arabic style of numbering.

(For those who'd like to have a how to on using Chinese with UTF-8, I
updated http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chinese )

Attached you find the traditional characters (as used in Taiwan,
Hongkong [possibly decreasing], and in China before 1955); one should
provide some method to switch between those and the simplified ones
defined; maybe an option for \setupchinese?

Tobias