[NTG-context] PhD Style for ConTeXt

Renaud AUBIN aubin at nibua-r.org
Tue Dec 6 18:04:16 CET 2005

Hans Hagen a écrit :

> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm starting writting my phd thesis with ConTeXt in french. According
>> to the fact that I'll write it in french, I need to design a specific
>> style and consequently, I'll surely submit style-related questions soon.
>>
>> Some advices ?
>

> just ask -)
>
> since there is a basic layout defined,
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{whatever}
>
> your thesis
>
> \stoptext
>
> is a starting point; define the style as you go.
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,

I'm working on it now, I've build my document following a complete
structure (project, environment, products, components) as described in
the manual, well done...
The layout is now as I want using \setuplayout.
Currently, I'm working on title. I've found the
\setuplabeltext[fr][chapter=Chapitre] command to customize chapter name
but then, I will draw a line or graphics under my chapter title and
don't know how to deal with properly.

Moreover, I experienced some problems with TOC and the use of \title for
my introduction chapter (I don't want numbering on this).
Eventually, how can I bypass header or footer for a chapter page ?

Thanks, up to now I'm very pleased with ConTeXt, METAFUN and METAPOST !!!