[NTG-context] columnset & layers

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 6 15:06:30 CET 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> there is some collision between columnset and layer. See following
>> example:

>> \newdimen\tgrX \newdimen\tgrY
>> \tgrX=3cm      \tgrY=2cm
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startcolumnset
>>   \definelayer[tgr-cow][position=no,corner=top]
>>   \setlayer[tgr-cow][x=.0\tgrX,y=.0\tgrY,location=middle]{O}%
>>   \framed
>>     [width=fit,height=fit,offset=none,
>>      background={foreground,tgr-cow},frame=off]
>>     {\externalfigure[cow][width=\tgrX,height=\tgrY]}%
>> \stopcolumnset
>> \stoptext
>>
>> I got the error:
>>
>> ! Bad character code (361).
>> <recently read> \@@layerboxtgr-cow
>>
>> I am a bit puzzled by strange error message. If the columnset is
>> commented, the code is proceeded as expected.
>

> define the layer outside the columnset; it's probably a grouping problem
>
> Hans

OK, it works and is sufficient for me since I know a number of needed
layers.

But generally it is not a clean solution. Can be solved counting number
of layers in one pass and defining in the second, but... Hans, do you
think is the grouping problem doable? If yes I will put the note to the
collector.

Thanks
Vit