[NTG-context] page numbering

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Dec 4 12:01:32 CET 2005

toto at tots-ns.net wrote:
> Hello list, How could I reset the page number counter? I can't find that
> information neither on the wiki nor in the manual.

Use:

   \setnumber[page]{42}

Also defined are (at least):

    \resetnumber    [page]
    \incrementnumber[page]
    \decrementnumber[page]
    \savenumber     [page]
    \restorenumber  [page]

> I would like to have a title page without a page number and that the
> page that follow has the number one. I can say to context not to print
> the page number on the page title but not reset that counter (and the
> page that follow begin with the number two...)

If you use

    \startstandardmakeup ... \stopstandardmakeup

for the title page, the page counter will not be incremented
automatically, so that is a good option if you have a
completely standalone title page.

Cheers, Taco

For Hans& Patrick: this is more api documentation stuff ...