[NTG-context] Iwona font

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 28 16:55:56 CET 2005

David Arnold wrote:

> Hans, I did, but I'll try again:

well, the log says:

  Warning: pdfetex (file texnansi-iwona.map): cannot open font map file

and i took a look at the latest zip and there they use

   iwona-*.map

names instead of

   *-iwona.map

so ... another uncommunicated change in names

i slowly come to the conclusion that

(1) we should forget about being early adopters (or not adopt at all)
(2) distributions will become more and more instable
(3) if things go on this way, tex will not survive
(4) it's time we start making our own repository and distribution

i simply don't have the time to keep up with all those changes;  it
looks like the policy of today is "wipe out and start new" which also
means "never buy a font" and "don't install your own stuff" etc

(there is no way to determine such changes unless we load every map file
available which is something i don't want to do at all because it's the
cause of even more trouble)