[NTG-context] beginners manual

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 28 00:26:20 CET 2005

VnPenguin wrote:

>Hi Hans et al,
>
>Just tried to compile "ma-cb-en" with T5. Here are some remarks:
>
>1. \def\TitlePage#1#2#3 in file "ma-cb-style.tex" does not work with T5.
>Because of
>
>\definedfont[SansBold at 40pt]
>
>I lossed so many vietnamese accented characters. I have to change to
>
>\switchtobodyfont[40pt]\bf
>
>in order to make T5 work. I think the file "ma-cb-style.tex" needs
>more attention for multi-lang support.

sure, the only thing i did so far is split and reorganize;

at your place, it runs with:

\startnotmode[atpragma]

    \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
    \usetypescript[palatino][ec]
    \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]

\stopnotmode

so for vietnamese you need another encoding.

(i added language modes, so we can now do for vietnamese):

\startmode[*vn]
    \enableregime[utf]
    \setupencoding[default=t5]
\stopmode

\startnotmode[atpragma]

    \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
    \usetypescript[palatino][\defaultencoding]
    \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]

\stopnotmode

(in ma-cb-style.tex)

can you test that?

>2. In file "ma-cb-en-document.tex" :
>\CONTEXT\ expects a plain \ASCII\ input file. Of course you
>can use any texteditor or wordprocessor you want, but you
>should not forget that \CONTEXT\ can only read \ASCII\
>input. Most texteditors or wordprocessors can export your
>file as plain \ASCII.
>What do you think about a plain text input file in UTF-8 charset ?
>It's not ASCII by definition, but the current ConTeXt (pdfetex) can
>work with it no problem. All my works with ConTeXt are prepared in
>UTF-8 input file.

sure, no problem for the vn version