[NTG-context] beginners manual

VnPenguin vnpenguin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 00:12:35 CET 2005

Hi Hans et al,

Just tried to compile "ma-cb-en" with T5. Here are some remarks:

1. \def\TitlePage#1#2#3 in file "ma-cb-style.tex" does not work with T5.
Because of

\definedfont[SansBold at 40pt]

I lossed so many vietnamese accented characters. I have to change to

\switchtobodyfont[40pt]\bf

in order to make T5 work. I think the file "ma-cb-style.tex" needs
more attention for multi-lang support.

2. In file "ma-cb-en-document.tex" :
\CONTEXT\ expects a plain \ASCII\ input file. Of course you
can use any texteditor or wordprocessor you want, but you
should not forget that \CONTEXT\ can only read \ASCII\
input. Most texteditors or wordprocessors can export your
file as plain \ASCII.
What do you think about a plain text input file in UTF-8 charset ?
It's not ASCII by definition, but the current ConTeXt (pdfetex) can
work with it no problem. All my works with ConTeXt are prepared in
UTF-8 input file.

That's all for now.

Thank you for your work,
Regards,

--
http://vnoss.org
Vietnamese Open Source Software Community