[NTG-context] Empty page at the end of the document

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Nov 25 18:28:24 CET 2005

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>
>> I'm having a totally blank page at the end of the document.
>> The document has a page number, but nothing is on it.
>>
>> I remember this being a known bug when front/body/backmatter
>> was used ... is there a known fix?
>>

> You mean the following?
>
> \setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=]
> \setupsectionblock[bodypart][page=]
> \setupsectionblock[backpart][page=]
> \setupsectionblock[appendixpart][page=]

beware, if you you nil the page commands, you may need to make sure
yourself that the pagebreaks between section blocks are forced at the
right moment in order to reset for instance marks (used in running
headers);

think of:

end of frontpart (no page break)
some changes to header settings
begin of bodypart (no page break)
start of chapter (forcingpage break)

versus

end of frontpart (page break)
some changes to header settings
begin of bodypart (redundant page break)
start of chapter (forcing (redundant) page break)

in the first case, the header may be wrong on the last page of the
frontpart because it is set before the page break forced by the chapter

so, the suggested settings are perfectly ok but don't blame me for sync
problems -)