[NTG-context] xml, context and hyphenation

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Nov 7 16:24:10 CET 2005

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
> Hello,
>
> sory for the late reply but I checked it again and I created an example
> document please look at:
> http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~s0167070/env.pdf : now one word
> "Vollständigkeit" ist
> not hyphenated but "übernehmen" is hyphenated. As I process from a XML
> file I can not do something like \hyphenation{Voll-stän-dig-keit}. What
> can I do?

You can put the \hyphenation command in your cont-sys.tex
or cont-loc.tex. Or you can embed a

  <?context-directive job environment myenv?>

and put the \hyphenation command in myenv.tex.
You have to switch to utf-8 encoding as well, I think.

FYI,  ConTeXt simply seems to miss the first hyphen,
I get the result of \hyphenation{Vollstän-dig-keit} from
\showhyphens (you may want to increase the tolerance when
working with xml input files).

Cheers, Taco