[NTG-context] maximum of \externalfigure in MP

andrea valle valle at di.unito.it
Mon Nov 7 01:46:05 CET 2005

Hi to all,
I'm including many externalfigures in pdf in a MPgraphic (300 pdfs,
more or less). The MPgraphic draws some arrows connecting the pdf
fragments.
(it is the musical project using lilypond we discussed some time ago).

Till now, everything has always gone very well. Now I'm getting a
little crazy.

in fact, I'm having a strange behaviour I cannot explain.
When I render the context file, as output I have the MP drawing, but
all the (many) pdfs are replaced with blank spaces. I noticed that it
seems that pdfs are not loaded (the console doesn't print their names
in any way). I also checked the utility files (.mp, etc) but I'm not
able to extract any useful info.
If I comment out some of the lines requesting \externalfigure,
(remaining) pdfs are again displayed.
So, I'm guessing that is should be something related with a maximum of
\externalfigure.
I'm surprised because I generated examples containing many more pdf
fragments than the present one, and I have never had any problem.

Here's the zipped directory I'm working with:
www.semiotiche.it/andrea/membrana/nodi3-.zip

Any hint/help is much appreciated

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
DAMS - Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
andrea.valle at unito.it