[NTG-context] Mini-survey: What do you do with ConTeXt?

Xiao Jianfeng fdu.xiaojf at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 03:10:48 CET 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For the next issue of the ntg's Maps journal, Hans and I believe
> it would be nice to publish the collected responses to this simple
> question:
>
>   What do you do with ConTeXT?
>
> We think it would be nice to see all the various ways in which people
> experience ConTeXt. We are not looking for articles, in fact we really
> want just a small amount of text per user, nothing longer then you
> would normally type in an email message.
>
> One, perhaps two paragraphs that simply tell about your personal
> experience using (or playing with) (or fighting with) (or yelling at)
> (or staring at in bewilderment) (or revelling in) (or running away from)
> ConTeXt.
>
> If you like this idea, just reply to this message. I will then
> collect and merge the responses, and finally put a pdf on-line
> somewhere.
>
> Don't be shy!
>
> Taco

I use ConTeXt to typeset:
1. slides
2. mathematical formula
3. Chinese

It is far more easier to write slides in ConTeXt than in LaTeX. And
ConTeXt can produce PDF directly.

The math enviroment is not as good as it in LaTeX, but it is enough for
me now.

The Chinese enviroment is not as good as LaTeX(CJK) either, but it is
easier to learn. I hope the Chinese module can be enhanced some day.

ConTeXt is a good work, and I like it! I'm going to stick to it.

Regards,

xiaojf