[NTG-context] Mini-survey: What do you do with ConTeXt?

Willi Egger w.egger at boede.nl
Fri Nov 4 21:02:02 CET 2005

Hi,

No there is no reason to be shy! - Context has become THE tool for all
typesetting purposes. So in my environment letters, invoices,
addres-labels, envelop-printing, greetingcards etc are made up in
Context together with functionality provided by Metafun. A favorite
issue is making flowcharts for e.g. bookbinding guides, meatprocessing
or  visualization of  the production of a tool.  Next to all this I
write my own books which are completely made up in Context including
imposition of the pages for folding sections in order to end up with
sewn books. E.g I prepared a 600 pages book which includes over a 120
drawings and metapost-figures. This book is bound as a girdle-book. -
Whenever I am asked to give a presentation there is Context involved. -
Why? Just because I know I can achieve what I want!

Though there is sometimes a bit of hassle after all the changes in the
tex-tree occuring during time, Context is still the best environment I
have ever tried. Many thanks Hans for this great environment!

Willi