[NTG-context] How can I minimize the vertical space taken by a \textrule

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Oct 28 00:06:07 CEST 2005

On Oct 27, 2005, at 21:00, Peter Rolf wrote:

>> I already had
>>
>> \setuptextrules
>>         [before=,after=,inbetween=]
>>
>> but that does not work. It seems that inside my paragraph
>> environment,
>> the settings made outside it are ignored. I also do not  have my
>> \setupinterlinespace[medium] there (see other thread). Looks  like a
>> startstopparagraph problem to me.
>>
> I've tested it without an environment, so maybe you are right.
> Have you tried to add some setups (\setuptexrules,..) to
>
> \setupparagraphs[...][...][before=??? or command=???]

I had tried about everything I could think of. That's the one big
problem with ConTeXt, it's most of the tim ea matter of trial and error
and a difficult process of trial and error even. Documentation often
does only mentions the existence of something without an explanation
(arguments to commands are seldomly adequately explained). I have been
fighting with layout parameters yesterday for a document I needed to
keep within one page.

> I'm sure there is a (context-)way (but I have not used this command
> 'til today).

Someone should fund Hans for writing true documentation.