[NTG-context] processing of setvariables/getvariables again

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 21 23:06:27 CEST 2005

Taco,

I tried your suggestion, but I'm not sure I'm doing it the right way.
I took the definition of \initialize... like so:

\def\initializegreekfont%
{\getvariable{Greek}{font}}
    \appendtoks \initializegreekfont \to \everystarttext % I guess I
will need a similar procedure for
                                                         %
initializegreekscale later

I will need the variable twice: once for selecting the typescript and
defining the bodyfont. So in the typescriptfile with the definitions
for all the fonts, I have these lines:

\starttypescript[Greek]
\definetypeface [My\initializegreekfont] [rm] [serif]
[\initializegreekfont] [default] [encoding=agr]
\stoptypescript

And once more for switching to this font:

\startsetups[enablegreek]
    \catcode`~=\other
    \catcode`|=\other
    \catcode`'=\other
    \language[greek]
    \switchtobodyfont[My\initializegreekfont]
\stopsetups  %% suggested by Hans

\def\localgreek{\rescanwithsetup{enablegreek}}

I don't get any errors, but the font is not switched...

Any obvious mistakes I'm making?

Best

Thomas