[NTG-context] Getting icelandic letters (eth and thorn) to work.

Charles Doherty charles.doherty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Oct 15 22:23:48 CEST 2005

On 15 Oct 2005, at 19:07, Kári Hreinsson wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am trying to get the icelandic letters thorn (þ) and eth (ð) to work
> but nothing seems to do.  These letters work correctly in LaTeX and I
> am using ConTeXt and LaTeX from the TeTeX distribution.
> The file I currenty have is like this (It's in ISO 8859-1 encoding):

Dear Kári,

This works for me.

\usetypescript[modern][ec]
\setupbodyfont[10pt,rm]

\enableregime[utf]
\setupencoding[default=ec]
\useencoding[ec]

\starttext
aábcdðeéfghiíjklmnoópqrstuúvxyzþæö
AÁBCDÐEÉFGHIÍJKLMNOÓPQRSTUÚVXYZ\Thorn{}ÆÖ
\stoptext

Try that. I am using ConTeXt through the T2005 install by Gerben Wierda.

Charlie

Charles Doherty,
Early Irish History,
Room K113,