[NTG-context] strange (?) exporting from pdf

andrea valle valle at di.unito.it
Sat Oct 15 17:28:05 CEST 2005

Hi to all,
I was trying to convert form pdf to rtf in order to share docs with
non-conTeXt people. Acrobat 7.0 allows with "save as" to export to many
formats.
When I convert a pdf created with MSword (or something like: I tried
also with some on-line pdfs) I have substantially no problems.
But when I convert pdfs created with context or latex I have no blank
spaces in the output rtf. Also, accents became autonomous ' (like in
source). This seems to be systematic: same behavior with conversion to
doc or html, same behavior if I use Trapeze converter instead of
Acrobat.

E.g.:
pdf in			-->		out (rtf, doc, ...):

questo è un test 	--> 	questo`euntest

I suppose it depends on pedf source generation.
Any hints?

Thanks a lot

-a-

Andrea Valle