[NTG-context] Debian Install

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Oct 15 13:54:28 CEST 2005

Olivier wrote:

>Actually, the file texmf.cnf should be located at /etc/texmf/ like all
>the config files for the tetex distrib (and I assume the /usr/share/texmf/web2c
>is just a link from there).

actually, moving all such files to etc is a bad idea; if etc really wants that file there (maybe under /etc/web2c), best make a symlink from there to the formal place tex tree; makes updating easier; a lot of effort goes into making the tex tree clean and self contained, so moving files outside the tree is a bad idea.