[NTG-context] font scaling in typescripts

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 14 07:55:26 CEST 2005

This may be a bug, or I may be missing something... I have defined a
typescript for my Adobe Garamond, and I want Courier as the monotype
font accompanying it. Since Courier is a bit too big compared to
Garamond, I want to scale it down, so I have this line in my
typescript (yes, I have adapted my own Courier, I have given up on
all the changes in names etc. in the latest teTeX releases):

   \definefontsynonym [Courier]             [texnansi-Courier sa
0.9]  [encoding=texnansi]

This works almost perfectly; Courier is scaled exactly like I want
it. There's one small problem: the first occurrence of monotype in
the document will print "sa 0.9 at 12.0pt" just before the passage in
monotype. This happens only once in the document, but it doesn't look
very nice. Bug or feature?

Best

Thomas