[NTG-context] Bib-module: crossreferences

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Oct 7 16:18:28 CEST 2005

Hi Roelof,

Roelof Langman wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Are crossreferences supposed to work in the new bib module? According to the

No, this doesn't work, but I believe there is a workaround by putting

    \setbox\scratchbox={\hbox{\placepublications}}

just before the normal \placepublications or \completepublications.
(This works because it explicitly executes the embedded \crossref
outside of the actual publication list)

If that doesn't work or has undesired side-effects, you can do

     \setbox\scratchbox={\cite[lawrence:1979]}

but that solution requires you to know the used cross references
that appear in the bib file, whereas the first solution doesn't.

I'll try to fix this in a week of so. You have to wait until
after Idris' problems are solved, because I do not enough time
right now to fix everything.

> Latex companion pp. 404ff. a crossreference can be made in an @inbook to a

You do know that, generally speaking, the latex companion doesn't
apply to the bib module, right? There are rumours about ConTeXt
actually being LaTeX3, but I can assure you those are untrue :-)

> In the new bibtex-module for Context, the crossreferences are resolved
> properly, I think, but the crossreferenced entry is not yet included in the
> reference list.

Yes, but it happens too late to allow inclusion in the list.

Cheers, Taco