[NTG-context] \setupbodyfont[10dd]

Christopher Creutzig christopher at creutzig.de
Wed Sep 14 12:26:13 CEST 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I'm sorry, I was first confused by this example:
>
> \switchtobodyfont[10pt]\setupinterlinespace\page
> \input tufte
> \switchtobodyfont[10dd]\setupinterlinespace\page
> \input tufte
> % interlinespace remained the same for both pt and dd
>
> which (for whatever reason) lead to different result as in the expected:

 The reason is simple: You are changing the interline space before
finishing the first paragraph.  TeX won't do different interline
spacings inside one paragraph, it always takes those in effect at the end.

 In any case, your logic seems to go contrary to mine (which may of
course be my twisted mind): I would always have placed the \page command
in front of the others.  Whenevr that makes a difference, I want the new
font to only appear on the new page.

Christopher