[NTG-context] \setupbodyfont[10dd]

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Sep 13 19:06:15 CEST 2005

Peter Rolf wrote:

>Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>This question doesn't come from me, but as I wasn't able to answer,
>>I'm posting it here:
>>
>>Consider the following text:
>>
>>\setupbodyfont[20pt]
>>\starttext
>>\input tufte
>>
>>\switchtobodyfont[10pt]\setupinterlinespace\page
>>\input tufte
>>
>>\switchtobodyfont[10dd]\setupinterlinespace\page
>>\input tufte
>>
>>\switchtobodyfont[10.6574803pt]\setupinterlinespace\page % = 10dd
>>\input tufte
>>
>>\stoptext
>>
>>How are the interline distances determined? The last two pages give
>>different results. The line breaking could be influenced by minimal
>>rounding mistakes, but I don't understand why the distances between
>>lines differ substantially.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>    Mojca
>>

>Hi Mojca,
>
>taken from 'TeX by Topic', page 80:
>
>1157 didot points are 1238 points.
>
>1238/1157= 1.070008643
>
>I have tried it with 10.7pt. Looks the same. Mixed up bp with pt?

what dd's new or old -)

\starttext

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startMPpage

nd := \the\dimexpr50nd\relax ; dd := \the\dimexpr50dd\relax ;
nc := \the\dimexpr50nc\relax ; cc := \the\dimexpr50cc\relax ;

draw fullcircle scaled cc withcolor .9white withpen pencircle scaled (cc-nc) ;
draw fullcircle scaled dd withcolor .9white withpen pencircle scaled (dd-nd) ;

addbackground withcolor .5red ;

\stopMPpage