[NTG-context] strange behaviour of colors

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Sep 6 18:11:32 CEST 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the following example, the title color changes on the second page.
> How can I avoid that? I can probably switch the cmyk/rgb colors off,
> but I would like to keep them as rgb/cmyk if possible.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \setuphead[title][page=yes,color=blue]
> \starttext
>
> \title{first page}
> some text
>
> \title{second page}
> The title color has changed.
>
> \definecolor [transparentred]  [r=1,t=.5,a=1]
> \blackrule[width=2cm,height=2cm,color=transparentred]
> \stoptext

for a while i thought that it was a bug but it;s just acrobat messing up (in full acrobat 6 as well as reader 7): if you process the text with \pdfcompresslevel=0 you will see that the title has no transparency and is just the same rgb color as on page 1; acrobat always had problems with transparency + aliasing + caching + whatever deals with colors

(best put some fake transparent thingie on page one)