[NTG-context] strange behaviour of colors

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:42:22 CEST 2005

luigi.scarso wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the following example, the title color changes on the second page.
> > How can I avoid that? I can probably switch the cmyk/rgb colors off,
> > but I would like to keep them as rgb/cmyk if possible.
> >
> > \setupcolors[state=start]
> > \setuphead[title][page=yes,color=blue]
> > \starttext
> >
> > \title{first page}
> > some text
> >
> > \title{second page}
> > The title color has changed.
> >
> > \definecolor [transparentred]  [r=1,t=.5,a=1]
> > \blackrule[width=2cm,height=2cm,color=transparentred]
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Thank you,
> >     Mojca
> >
> And moving \definecolor [transparentred]  [r=1,t=.5,a=1]
> before \starttext ?

It's \blackrule that triggers the change, not the \definecolor, but
you nevertheless gave me an idea! I will make a 0 times 0 box on the
first page which eventually solves the problem then, but this should
be solved generally.

> Under linux with acro7 I can't see differences.

After turning "separation preview" on, the colors appear to be "equal"
again (for the time when the little pup-up window is there, then the
changes appear again). I guess that the first title is typeset with
"rgb" blue and the second one with "cmyk" blue. With proper profile
settings, the colors appear to be the same (and should look the same),
but I'm affraid that they aren't. However, I don't know how to check
this.
It's quite possible that under windows some weird profile for
converting rgb <-> cmyk is chosen.

Thank you,
    Mojca