[NTG-context] bug with active :!;?

BILLET Olivier billet at eurecom.fr
Mon Aug 29 15:20:01 CEST 2005

Quoting  "Hans Hagen Outside" :
> -- was pragma at wxs.nl on Aug 29, 2005 at 06:50:51PM --

> With the next pdftex we will not need this active mess any more since
> pre-char spacing will be supported natively; by that time we need to adapt
> the ffr files
This is a good news indeed.
By the way, does this include the possibility to treat the character in
different ways depending on the current mode (math/text)?
Because, in the current setting, if you request for 3cm before `:' and
then define a mathematical function $f : R \to Z$ you'll end up with a
huuuge space between f and : which you certainly isn't what you want.

Thanks for your answer,
Olivier

PS:  Also the default definition in useencoding is .25em for :;?!
I'm no typographical expert at all but I thought the standard is
indeed .25em for ;?! but a normal space before `:'