[NTG-context] Unable to make cont-en.fmt
taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Aug 25 12:43:50 CEST 2005
> symlink it's the magic word...
Like I said: From personal experience :)
> What do you think about to write a dense guide to programmer on how to add
> a pdftex primitive (something like \pdfhelloworld) and how to interface
> to an external libray (like zlib) ?
It goes roughly like this:
* create pdfetex-main.web from all of the web and change files so you
have a least a sane source while coding, and make a copy for future
* find an existing command who's syntax/semantics are close to the
one you intend to implement ("extension" is fairly useless for
anything that actually does have an impact on typesetting, you
probably want 'convert' or 'last_item').
* hook a new subcode into the processing of that existing command,
* add a call to primitive()
* create a code line to print_cmd_chr()
* when it builds ok, create a change file by running diff on the
original pdfetex-main.web, and add this change file at the end
of the change file list in pdfetex.mk
I'll see if it is possible to create a document with a bit more specific
More information about the ntg-context