[NTG-context] pdflatex and mpost -tex=latex

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Mon Aug 22 23:35:29 CEST 2005

David Arnold wrote:
> Hans, Taco,
>
> Thanks for your replies. Not really a Context question, but we're using
> emp.sty with pdflatex to compile some work we're doing and our Linux
> server at school doesn't have the -tex=latex option for Metapost (an

For me works seting environment variable TEX=latex.

vit

> older version of Web2c). The package defaults to running metapost with
> -tex=latex, so that's a problem. We'll probably circumvent the problem
> by upgrading our tex distribution, but the package contains an \empTeX
> command that writes a verbatimtex ... tex. So far, I've had no success
> making this blank so I tried erasing the verbatim ... tex manually (it's
> got a documentclass and a begin{document} in it) and compiling the tex
> document with pdflatex and no -shell-escape, but the log file still
> contains metapost has no option -tex=latex in it.
>
> So that's why I was asking about the pdflatex. Don't worry about this,
> as our workaround will probably be to upgrade our version of tex and it
> will cease to be a problem.
>
> Just wanted to let you know what we are doing. If you want to see, try:
>
> http://scinux.redwoods.edu/cgi-bin/testing.cgi
>
> Use:
>
> username: hhagen123
> password: password
>
> It's really amazing. We have this young student who taught himself perl
> this summer, and my colleague Bruce Wagner is no slouch either, and the
> result is we have these perl scripts that generate random test banks.
> Quizzes are self scored and results are sent to a mysql database.
>
> Good stuff for three hacks like us.
>
> On Aug 22, 2005, at 9:12 AM, Hans Hagen Outside wrote:
>
>> David Arnold wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if
>>>
>>> pdflatex -shell-escape filename
>>>
>>> automatically forces metapost to run with -tex=latex?
>>

>> dunno, but you can so
>> mptopdf --latex yourfile.mp
>> Hans

Ing. Vít Zýka, Ph.D.                         TYPOkvítek

database publishing              databazove publikovani
data maintaining and typesetting in typographic quality
priprava dat a jejich sazba v typograficke kvalite

tel.: (+420) 777 198 189     www: http://typokvitek.com