[NTG-context] rotated accented character

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Aug 18 20:14:42 CEST 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to define an accented rotated character e,
> "schwagrave". The following definition fails because of two reasons:
> - rotate rotates around the middle of the baseline (I would like to
> place the rotated e at the same place where it was before)
> - buildtextaccent doesn't like the box produced by rotation

there are many ways to rotate ...

% \dostepwiserecurse{0}{360}{10}
%   {\startlinecorrection[blank]
%    \hbox
%      {\expanded{\setuprotate[rotation=\recurselevel]}%
%       \traceboxplacementtrue
%       \hbox to .2\hsize{\hss\ruledhbox{\rotate[location=depth]
{\ruledhbox{\bfb  (depth)}}}}%
%       \hbox to .2\hsize{\hss\ruledhbox{\rotate[location=fit]
{\ruledhbox{\bfb    (fit)}}}}%
%       \hbox to .2\hsize{\hss\ruledhbox{\rotate[location=broad]
{\ruledhbox{\bfb  (broad)}}}}%
%       \hbox to
.2\hsize{\hss\ruledhbox{\rotate[location=normal]{\ruledhbox{\bfb
(normal)}}}}%
%       \hbox to .2\hsize{\hss\ruledhbox{\rotate[location=high]
{\ruledhbox{\bfb   (high)}}}}}
%    \stoplinecorrection}