[NTG-context] Sorting index (in Spanish)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Aug 8 17:43:14 CEST 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:

> Mari Voipio wrote:
>

>> Dear Fellow-Contexters,
>>
>> I have been charged with editing a ConTeXt document in Spanish (of
>> which I understand preciously little). This far I have gotten over
>> the hurdles of hyphenation, labeltexts and the upside-down
>> exclamation mark (and as far as we can tell, the Spanish hyphenation
>> patterns get loaded, too), but now I have a problem sorting the
>> index: the words 'ángulo' and 'índice' get sorted in the beginning of
>> the index instead of among a and i.
>>
>> It tried putting something like the example below in a) the setup
>> part of my document, b) just before the index (a bit like in the
>> example at
>> <http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2005/008346.html>, except
>> that I use the command \placeindex and not \completeindex) and c) in
>> the lang-ita.tex file.
>>
>> % Changes to sorting to fix the sorting of accented letters
>> \startlanguagespecifics[es]
>> \definesortkey {\´a}{a}{a}{\´a}  % á sorted among 'a'
>> \definesortkey {\´i}{i}{i}{\´i}  % í sorted among 'i'
>> \stoplanguagespecifics
>>
>> None of the options a)-c) worked and I'm thinking that this is more
>> of a  "stupid user" problem, i.e. as I cannot find any description on
>> how \definesortkey works, I just don't understand how to use it
>> properly.
>>

>> Any help???

I'm playign with the new texutil, and what i need is sort rules.

for instance, for slovenian we need:

\startmode[sortorder-sv]

\exportsortexpansion {ccaron}  {cz}
\exportsortexpansion {cacute}  {czz}
\exportsortexpansion {dstroke} {dz}
\exportsortexpansion {scaron}  {sz}
\exportsortexpansion {zacron}  {zz}

\exportsortdivision  {cz}  {ccaron}
\exportsortdivision  {czz} {cacute}
\exportsortdivision  {dz}  {dstroke}
\exportsortdivision  {sz}  {scaron}
\exportsortdivision  {zz}  {zacron}

\stopmode

can you (and others) more language specific sort rules?

(divisions do the reverse, they determine what ends up under a different  key)