[NTG-context] Feature request

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:20:30 CEST 2005

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it would be great if the \placefigure macro could be extended to
> combinations like

1.) This is not exactly the same thing, but if we're talking about
graphics: is it possible to include a figure (\externalfigure, perhaps
withing \placefigure) in such a way that it fills exactly the
remaining avalable space? factor=fit does almost exactly what I want,
but it doesn't consider the space already taken by the preceeding
text. If I wanted a figure to span over the whole presentation sheet,
than factor=fit usually resulted in a caption on one page and a
full-page figure on a new page. (I tuned the figure sizes manually,
but that is not the proper way.)

2.) This is also something else, but what's the best way to write on
pre-printed sheets of paper? Like honourable mentions and stuff like
that.
The lines are already given, so I would like the baseline (with name &
surname for example) to be 0.5 mm above the line printed on paper,
centered on that line (not necessary in the middle of the paper)

I use
\setupframed
	[align=middle,
	 frame=off]
\setlayerframed
	[page]
	[voffset=13.3cm,
	 preset=leftbottom]
	[width=\paperwidth]
	{\MainFont #1}

for that, but it doesn't take the baseline into consideration, so it
has to be manually tuned for every line, every font & every font size
(printed and compared if it looks OK).

Yet another (probably doable, but more difficult to implement)
request: there are for example five lines printed, with the distance
of 13 mm and the width 10 cm (not necessary centered on the page). I
would like to typeset a paragraph on them, so that the baseline of
this text would be about 0.5 mm above the lines.

I volunteer to write a MyWay if someone can help me with that.

Thank you,
    Mojca