[NTG-context] Basic question on Unicode and ConTeXt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Jul 18 23:46:04 CEST 2005

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>\Dstroke has some "problems" anyway, at least in cmr (lmr?). The
>stroke should be on the left, but it is on the right. I thought it was
>just because \tt don't have that glyph, but also the roman version is
>rendered extremely bad.

in case of doubt, you can discuss this with  Boguslaw Jackowski (jacko)
who is in charge of latin modern; it shoul dbe ok in latin roman

>So what is the proper way of writing 'ä' (a umlaut) then?

in german mode, "u will produce it (tricky since ther eis no hyphenation
then)

latin modern did have them and there is a special encoding vector in the
context distribution (awaiting for those umlaust to show up again)