[NTG-context] "Escaping" tabulate

Radhelorn radhelorn at mail.ru
Fri Jul 15 18:13:19 CEST 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Radhelorn wrote:
>
>> Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

>>> Try buffers;
>>> try \bgroup ... \egroup instead of {...} in definitions;
>>> try to post a minimal example of what you did, so that we don't have
>>> to search for our crystal balls in order to help you.
>>>

>> Here is one:
>>
>> \starttext
>> \definetyping[test][option=commands]
>> \starttest
>> /BTEX\vbox\starttabulate
>> \NC test \NC test \NR
>> \NC test \NC test \NR
>> \stoptabulate/ETEX
>> \stoptest
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Maybe I'm abusing tabular because TeXish \settabs will do for many
>> cases but I want to use some of tabular features.
>

> what do you want to achieve? why do you need the typing?

This is just an example where tabular gives errors. Actualy I started
from tries to align not floating tables (\setuptabular[align=middle]
\startalignment[middle] doesn't help). I thougt that making tabular
independent from it's surroundings will be workaround and provide
possibility to abuse it in some other places.

Sorry, this is bad example.

I've solved aligning problem with \hfill\vbox or \rightaligned, but this
needs to be done for each table.

Did I miss something important?

--
Radhelorn <radhelorn at mail.ru>