[NTG-context] Math bug: \tracemathtrue doesn't work without alignment.

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 10 08:14:01 CEST 2005

I was recently going through the core-mat.tex file (the one from teTeX
3.0.whatever-it-is) and trying out some of the examples given in the
comments, and came across an odd little bug.  Consider the following:

   \tracemathtrue
   \setupformulas[align=middle]
   \placeformula \startformula \fakeformula \stopformula

This works fine.  However, if I take out the "align=" argument from
\setupformulas, the tracing boxes disappear.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out exactly how the alignment works in
formulas, from a programming viewpoint.  What's a good place to start with
this?

- Brooks