[NTG-context] Why does ConTeXt try to load Latin Modern?

Giuseppe Bilotta gip.bilotta at iol.it
Thu Jul 7 10:50:18 CEST 2005

Wednesday, July 6, 2005 Hans Hagen wrote:

> Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>> The fallback being a fallback, it should be something that
>> everybody has for sure. So it should stay cmr12. This, at
>> least, is MNHO.
>>
>> Is there a way to set the fall-back font? (In cont-usr or
>> something)

> actually, lmr will be in all distributions, if it isn't
> already; it will replace cmr (at least the non math part)
> [either or not by map file entries]; the reason why i push
> it a bit is (1) it needs testing and (2) well, i want to
> push usage, and (3) it is simply a better solution esp
> with accented characters.

> So, even if you use cmr12, it will be mapped onto lmr12
> (either in (con)tex(t) or by means of a map file); don't
> worry, it is compatible; (although there may be future
> variants that have improvements)

Yes, but my point is that I *don't* use cmr (at least not in
this document), so I see no reason why ConTeXt shoud load
lmr :)

So, how do I set my preferred fall-back font?

BTW, does ConTeXt support the pazo family of fonts?

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/mathpazo.html

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta