[NTG-context] Re: Confusion with font instructions

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 00:43:28 CEST 2005

On 4 juil. 2005, at 23:33, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Does:
>
> \usetypescript [adobekb]   [ec]
> \usetypescript [postscript][ec]
>
> \loadmapfile[ec-base.map]
>
> \usetypescript[times][\defaultencoding]
> \setupbodyfont[times,12pt]
>
> \starttext
> \input knuth
> \stoptext
>
> work? If so, i'll add the map file loading to the adobekb typescripts

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your help and patience with my inexperience...

I tried your minimal file above on a new gwTeX + ConTeXt
(ver: 2005.06.27  fmt: 2005.7.4  int: english  mes: english)
installation and the result is the same, that is a PDF with bitmap
fonts... I am using:
pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)

The log-file of the first run says (among other things):
mktexpk: /var/tmp/texfonts/pk/modeless/adobe/times/ptmr8r.86pk:
successfully generated.

When I add \loadallfontmapfiles to your minimal file, or (and) when I
input the file type-akb.tex you sent in another message, the resulted
PDF is the same (the only thing which changes is the log-file is that
those ugly bitmap fonts are not anymore generated since they are
cretaed in a first typesetting).

Although it is challenging to understand the problem, I can avoid
using postscript fonts: so please don't spend much time on the issue...

Best regards: OK