[NTG-context] creating a new head

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jun 29 19:31:59 CEST 2005

Arun Swarup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to design a new head for \chapter{...}, but I am new to
> TeX/ConTeXt and am having trouble.
>
> I would like my head to be something like this:
> http://www.geocities.com/arunswarup/images/title.png
>
> I know this a more a TeX-related rather than a ConTeXt-related problem

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [command=\MyChapter,
    style=\ss\bfd,
    header=high,
    after={\blank[3*big]}]

\setupheadtext
   [chapter=Chapter]

\def\MyChapter#1#2%
   {\vbox \bgroup
      \framed

[frame=off,bottomframe=on,offset=none,height=1cm,width=broad,align=flushleft]
        {\headtext{chapter} #1}
      \vskip2mm
      \framed

[frame=off,topframe=on,offset=none,height=4cm,width=broad,align={flushleft,low}]
        {#2}
     \egroup}

\starttext

\chapter{HOW TO INSTALL AND TEST SAMBA}