[NTG-context] I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis

luigi.scarso luigi.scarso at logosrl.it
Fri Jun 17 14:02:37 CEST 2005

Alexandra Ribeiro wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis.
>

>I'm completely new to TeX and of course to Context but I'm convinced that Microsoft Word is far away from being the right tool for writing a long document. Well, in the past I had some big big headaches.

Here some useful pdfs :

   1. mp-cb-en.pdf:  a first guide to commands;
   2. cont-enp.pdf:   The manual;
   3. metafun-p.pdf: a beautiful book on graphics.

    * mtexexec.pdf:  explain at least how to make pdf from your tex
      document;
    * mtexfont.pdf:   how to install new fonts;
    * mtexutil.pdf:    sometimes I need it to make some works.

You can find them starting from
http://mirror.contextgarden.net/document-1.htm

luigi