[NTG-context] Headers, footers, page numbering

Paul Tremblay phthenry at iglou.com
Sun Jun 12 21:14:19 CEST 2005

> I have produced a nice little A5 pamphlet which I will be printing on A4
> paper.  I have had a lot of fun doing this and I am quite pleased that I was
> able to install fonts and fleurons which I needed in the process.  However,
> I have a problem which I am having difficulty in solving.  How can I stop
> the Header, footer and page number being printed on the first page?  I have
> looked through the big Context manual but I can't figure it out.  Any hints?

\setupheader[part][header=high]
\setupfooter[part][footer=high]
\part{}

Is one way to do this. Put this right before you start the text of
your first page. Since you have to use \part{} to get this to work,
you might have some side-affects, but usually it is easy to work
around these.

If you have already broken up your document into parts, such as
chapters or secions, use those instead of part:

\setupheader[chapter][header=high]
\setupfooter[chapter][footer=high]
\chater{}

http://getfo.sourceforge.net/context_xml/page3.html