[NTG-context] How do Windows users call texexec etc.

Roef Ragas info at roefragas.com
Fri Jun 10 09:39:24 CEST 2005

>Thanks to all who responded.
>
>So there seems to be three candidates, Scite, TeXnicenter and
>texmfstart. Does Scite require that the newbie user also install
>and configure Ruby? Or is there an exe available that just runs?
>I am reading the Steve Peter paper which seems to imply that Ruby
>is required.

Just download mswintex.zip from http://www.pragma-ade.nl/download-1.htm
Unzip, make a directory to drop everything into [I just made a
C:\Context], and make a link to
C:\Context\cstart.bat on your desktop: ready to go.
This Scite-version is very well integrated with Context. Building is
just a click [F7] away, Acrobat pops up automatically, etc.
Don't know if you have to install Perl, I already had that.

Good luck,