[NTG-context] footnote text formatting

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Fri Jun 10 07:46:03 CEST 2005

Idris,

here's my hack for achieving this footnote format (which seems much
more common in the humanities than the default provided by ConTeXt):

\def\NoteNumber#1{\hbox to 15pt{\hfill #1.}}

\setupfootnotes[rule=off,
                 distance=-3em,
         margindistance=-3em,
         numbercommand=\NoteNumber]

\def\MyFootnote#1{\footnote{\hskip4em #1}}

Best

Thomas