[OT: Re: [NTG-context] tcsh]

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 9 21:58:39 CEST 2005

> On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:45:06PM +0100, Adam Lindsay wrote:
>

> There may be other reasons for using bash, but I wouldn't say that it
> being the current default is one. Apple doesn't rely on your choice of
> shell for anything.

Of course you're right Adam. Nevertheless, inexperienced users will
run into trouble because recipes for doing things will usually
involve bashish commands. For somebody who is not at home on the
command-line, it's non-trivial to translate "export foo=bar" into
something that tcsh will understand. So I would still recommend
switching to bash (or zsh, my favorite shell).

Best

Thomas